Other Challenges and Transitions
We always have challenges and transitions in life. In this phase of life, some common challenges include depression, stress, financial difficulty, and acceptance.
- Depression is common and can have serious effects if not addressed.
- Stress can be worsened by changing social and mental faculties.
- Financial matters can be challenging due to unexpected economic and life events.
- Perhaps one of the most difficult transitions is reaching acceptance of the new realities that face us.
- Another challenge is the rapid evolution of technology.
- Challenges in spiritual development can also arise at this time of life.
Although these challenges are different for each of us, they are common to us all.
The following information, links, and resources will hopefully make these transitions easier and smoother:
Wharton Magazine,The Economics of Living to 100
Wharton Magazine, Alumni Book Roundup: Summer 2021
Wharton Magazine, Alumni Book Roundup: Winter 2022
Knowledge at Wharton, How Prepared Are Americans for Retirement?
Knowledge at Wharton, The Case for Phased Retirement
Knowledge at Wharton, What Should I Do Next with My Life? New Ways to Define Success
Knowledge at Wharton, You’ve Worked Hard, Saved and Just Retired: How Do You Manage Your Finances Now?
Wharton School Press, How to Change The Science of Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be, by Katy Milkman