Highlights: Wharton Emeritus Luncheon May 16, 2015
Our updated WGES website includes a number of interesting items for you:
The Home page features a graphic of the Off-Broadway play “The 39 Steps” (a stage play of Alfred Hitchcock’s classic movie of the same name). On November 18, 2015, WGES members will see that matinee play. It will be preceded with a luncheon at Paul & Jimmy’s Restaurant and explanation by Andrew Shaifer, son of WGES Emeritus Chair, Carl Shaifer, who will enlighten us on the Off-Broadway theater. Details are available here.
Our News & Views page features:
- Steering Committee member Milt Silver, WG’52 hosts “Mentors’ Buffet” to encourage members to become involved as a mentor to current Wharton graduate students, and to attend the next Wharton Graduate Students’ Entrepreneurial Networking Event on Thursday, November 19, at QUORUM, 3711 Market Street from 6:00 – 9:00PM.
- Another interesting blog from Steering Committee member Bob Natiello, WG’56.
- Three brief videos of Wharton Professors Jeremy Siegel, Peter Conti-Brown and Peter Cappelli — all on timely topics for WGES members. CHECK THEM OUT.
- An update on members who have passed, along with obituaries where available.
The Events page provides:
- A link to Homecoming Weekend — November 7-8, 2015.
- Heads-up for WGES & PENN OLD GUARD HOLIDAY PARTY at the City Tavern in Philadelphia on Thursday, December 10 from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
- A WGES and Penn Old Guard sponsored trip to the Italian Lake District in August/September 2016. For more information and to sign up: http://www.alumni.upenn.edu/s/1587/gid2/index_notitle.aspx?sid=1587&gid=2&pgid=5302
- Links to a number of Wharton/Penn Webinars that WGES members will find interesting.
There are also a number of other items including:
- Information about a new Steering Committee member, Rick Perkins, WG’70.
- An additional photo of Paul Schurr and family in our “Photo Gallery.”
Enjoy this update and send us ideas and materials for future web updates.
Let us hear from you! We welcome your feedback.
Tom Hadlock, WG’66
Chair, WGES Steering Committee