Win a Wharton Prize
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Official Rules of the Giveaway
- Eligibility: The Wharton Webinar Series Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open to individuals who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry. Employees of The Wharton School (the “Sponsor”) and their immediate family members and those living in their household are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating in this Giveaway, you agree to these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet all eligibility requirements.
- Giveaway Period: A winner will be selected after the last live webinar on May 7, 2020.
- Selection: A winner will be selected from among a list of Wharton alumni who have watched the most Wharton webinars in the 2019-20 season.
- Prize: The one winner will receive a Wharton-branded prize.
- Taxes: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to Wharton, and the value of the prize awarded may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize. The winner must provide Wharton with valid identification before the prize will be awarded.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible alumni.
- Winner selection and notification: The winner of the Giveaway will be selected randomly from a list of Wharton alumni who have watched the most live Wharton alumni webinars during the 2019-20 season. The winner will be announced following Kevin Werbach and Asheesh Birla’s live webinar, “Blockchain and the Future of Finance” on May 7, 2020, at approximately 4 p.m. ET and notified within five (5) business days following the drawing via email. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Wharton to use the winner’s name and submission for promotional purposes without compensation. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the award notification date, he/she will forfeit the prize and Wharton may select an alternate winner.
- Disqualification: Wharton has the right to disqualify any entry determined to be noncompliant or in violation of the law. Further, Wharton reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should any causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Giveaway.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering the Giveaway, you agree to release and hold harmless The University of Pennsylvania and Wharton and their respective employees, officers, directors and trustees from any and all liability in any way related to your participation in the Giveaway and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof.
- Disputes: Any dispute concerning this Giveaway shall be governed by the laws of Pennsylvania, without regard to conflict of law doctrines, and if such dispute requires adjudication in a court of law, then such adjudication will occur in the courts of Pennsylvania.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Wharton External Affairs, The University of Pennsylvania, 2929 Walnut Street, Suite 500, Philadelphia, PA 19104.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Giveaway is Wharton External Affairs, The University of Pennsylvania, 2929 Walnut Street, Suite 500, Philadelphia, PA 19104.