Frequently Asked Questions
What is MyPenn?
MyPenn is the new alumni community that has replaced WhartonConnect/Quakernet. This dynamic new platform serves as a one-stop portal, for Penn students and alumni, with the same benefits of the old system along with new options for interacting, customizable experience, and updated resources.
How/where can I access MyPenn?
When will MyPenn be available?
MyPenn became available in late October 2020. It will be gradually rolled it out to all alumni to ensure that we are best able to support all alumni inquiries.
Will my information automatically transfer from the old directory (WhartonConnect) to the new directory?
Yes, the information you entered in WhartonConnect will be in the new directory. However, you need to login to update your visibility settings. We encourage you to login, review it, and make any necessary updates to your new profile!
Will WhartonConnect still be available?
No, MyPenn has replaced WhartonConnect, which has been retired.
Is my information automatically available for others to search in the new MyPenn platform?
- If you previously opted out of WhartonConnect, you have been opted out of MyPenn. You will be able to opt in to MyPenn by logging in and changing your opt out setting. Your personal profile will flow into MyPenn in real-time so that you can update and manage your privacy settings.
- If you were previously opted in to WhartonConnect, a limited profile will automatically be made available for you. You will need to visit MyPenn to opt in and update your sharing preferences. If you would not like to be included, you will need to visit MyPenn to opt out.
What is included in my limited profile?
- Photo (if you provided one in WhartonConnect)
- Degree information
- Affiliation (ex: WG’92, L’06)
- Email address (if you provided one in WhartonConnect)
- Student activities
Please visit MyPenn to update your sharing settings!
Why are alumni phone numbers not made visible by default?
With a new platform comes new data privacy requirements. Phone numbers are not visible on a profile unless the individual has consented to sharing, per the requirements by the University Privacy Office. Email addresses are available but all new users must log into the directory to provide their consent to share phone numbers.
Will my Wharton Alumni Lifelong Email Forwarding Address still work?
Yes, there are no changes to the functionality of your Wharton Alumni Lifelong Email Forwarding Address. You will be able to update your forwarding preferences by logging into MyPenn and updating your profile.
Is there a mobile app? How can I download it?
Why did the University choose Salesforce?
With the awareness that the software that supports Quakernet was being discontinued, the University evaluated the technical landscape for the best long-term solution. Salesforce emerged as the best software for Penn’s needs, as well as those of the alumni community. The University was interested in providing more than a directory. We sought to offer a portal that would grant access to exclusive alumni resources, available online and in a mobile app. MyPenn features include:
- Custom branded views based on your School
- An Alumni Event Calendar
- An alumni profile to update and customize
- Robust directory search functionality
- Group messaging to connect with fellow alumni
- News articles