Who can access the webinar?
Webinars are available to Wharton alumni with a registered Alumni Account. To register your account, click here.
How do I access the webinar?
To access the live webinar, click on the link in the confirmation email you received. You can begin signing in 15 minutes before the event. All live webinars are recorded and available here within a week after the event.
I don’t remember my Wharton username and password, or my password is not working.
If you know your Wharton Alumni Account username or alumni forwarding email, click here to reset your password. Follow the on screen instructions to receive an email with a password reset link.**The link will be sent to the email address that receives your alumni forwarding email. If you do not have access to this account, contact us at email@example.com.If you have forgotten your username or need help, contact Wharton Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. Be sure to include your full name and class year. We can also be reached by phone at +1.215.898.8478.Note: In order to maintain security, we cannot give out passwords by phone.
I think I registered for the webinar, but I did not receive a confirmation email.
If you are unable to locate your confirmation email, contact Wharton Alumni Relations at email@example.com.
Will a recorded version of the webinar be available after the session?
If the presenter allows their webinar to be available after the session, the webinar will be available within a week after the live event to Wharton alumni here.You will need your Wharton Alumni Account username and password in order to access the recording. If you have forgotten your account information, click here.
I would like a copy of the webinar slide deck.
If the presenter has chosen to make his or her slides available, you can find them in the links section of the presentation.
How do I ask the speaker questions?
To ask questions during the live presentation, use the Q&A section to the left of the video player. The speaker will address your question during the presentation as time permits.
What are the system requirements for attending a webinar?
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor for Microsoft® Windows 10 or higher
- Windows 10 or higher (32-bit/64-bit)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows 10 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or higher; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.12
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 11 and higher
- Android supported OS versions summary: 7.0 (Nougat) and higher
*Webinars can be streamed on a mobile device. However, interactive poll and Q&A features are not available for mobile. If you would like to use these features during the webinar, please stream the session using a laptop or desktop computer.
How can I test my computer settings?
To test the ability of your system to stream live content via Ustream, view a sample presentation by clicking here (a current live feed of the Monterey Bay Aquarium).
Do I need special software to view a Ustream presentation?
Windows and Mac Users
- You will need to install Adobe® Flash® Player 16.0 or higher. To test whether your browser has the most current version of Flash Player, click here.
- Apple supported OS versions: iOS 6 and higher
- Android supported OS versions: 2.3.4 and higher
What do I do when there is no sound?
Make sure your computer is not muted and that your computer speakers are on. We recommend using headphones for this presentation. To adjust the volume level on the player, hover over the video player, then over the speaker icon in the lower left corner of the player. Move the slider up or down.
My video is slow and choppy.
Here are a few steps that may improve the video speed:
PC or Mac Users
- Try watching at a lower quality; hover over the video player and click on the text that says “Best, 720, 480, 360 or 240.” Select 240 to see if that improves video quality.
- Shut down any open applications.
- If you are using a wireless network, switch to a wired connection.
- Restart your browser.
- Make sure that you are not using private browsing mode on Safari (iOS).
- Use Wi-Fi, rather than 3G or 4G connection, whenever possible.
Why doesn’t the presentation appear?
You may need to configure your pop-up blocker to allow pop-ups from our site:
In Internet Explorer, this can be done by going to “Internet Options,” and navigating to the Privacy tab. Uncheck the box next to “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” and click “Ok.”
In Firefox, go to “Options” and click on the “Content” tab. Click on the “Exceptions” button next to “Block pop-up windows” and add wharton.upenn.edu and ustream.tv to the list of allowed sites.
In Chrome, go to “Settings” and click on “Show advanced settings.” Click on “Content settings,” then click “Manage exceptions.” Add wharton.upenn.edu and ustream.tv to the list of allowed sites.
The system test worked fine. Why can’t I access the live stream/webinar?
If you are viewing the presentation at work, your firewall settings may be blocking the live stream. Talk to your company’s IT professional about adjusting your firewall settings.A recording of the webinar will be available within a week after the live event, which can be accessed here once it is posted.